Automated item sorting
Identify, separate and sort different classes of items through visual object recognition
The automatic sorting of items by conventional means, within the waste industry for example, has a limit that we have reached. Leftover items must be sorted manually which is a tedious, slow and fault-prone solution. By using visual object detection to identify hard to separate classes, followed by using robots to sort items per class, we have solved the last piece of the puzzle.
The combination of visual inspection and robotic sorting can perform the hard sorting tasks that used to be reserved for human intervention. The results are at least 3 times faster, more consistent and safer. This makes it possible to start new projects on separating and sorting items that weren’t viable before. Not only enabling new business models but also creating sustainable processes that leave us with far fewer waste products.
- Increasing flexibility and new business opportunities due to rapid recognition capabilities
- Increasing efficiency due to improved sorting accuracy and higher numbers of sorting units
- Reducing manual labor and improving machine operator safety
- Ease of use minimizes retrofit costs and downtime
- Lowering costs due to 24/7 productivity uptime
- Recycling operator(s) curates examples
- BrainMatter specifies classes, items, products or assets
- Recycling operator(s) reviews the data
- BrainMatter learns to interpret a large number of items within separate classes
- BrainMatter learns to separate and sort items
- Retrain BrainMatter on new classes or changes in existing ones
- Recycling operator(s) defines the rules to apply
- BrainMatter initiates actions based on these rules
- Evaluates the actions and extend
- Acquire data and ingest the data in BrainMatter
- Video/ image analysis by domain expert made easy by model-assisted labeling
- Leverage resulting models for instant decision making and immediate action
- Implement the solution at the edge
- Expand and scale Automated item sorting throughout your organisation and ecosystem
- Continuous improvement and feedback loop
Want to see this use case in action?
We'll gladly show you BrainMatter in action
The intelligent automation platform for visual asset monitoring and inspection.
Asset-intensive industries require an integrated physical and digital view of assets, equipment, buildings and process. BrainMatter provides a platform for intelligent automation of tasks that follows a perceive - decide - respond pattern.
Request a demo and find out how to improve the quality of life and work by offloading repetitive & time intensive tasks to machines.